Thursday, September 29, 2005

Inside the Center

I was so amazed when I saw the insides of the Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts. Here is a picture of the second level:


It reminds me of the scene in Matrix 2 Reloaded where Nero is fighting Merovingian's henchmen in the marble stairs - though this is a smaller version and no weapons line the walls. Just look at that glass ceiling... nice but doesn't match the rome era columns. I'm trying to remember anything I can from highschool art class like flying buttresses, but I'm drawing a blank.

The part of the art center that we walked quickest through was modernism. Here is a set of color lithgraphs that Ellsworth Kelly produced in 2000.


The green one is called, with quite a unique name, Green Curve. The others were probably named as uniquely but I didn't check.

I can't believe this guy was here:


He looked so sweaty... but it's not a person. It's another work of art. He looked so real, even up close. I wouldn't have been surprised if he moved but he would have spooked me if he did.

No comments: